Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)

Discussion in 'F-J' started by Matthew Capowski, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Matthew Capowski

Matthew Capowski Administrator Staff Member

H. pylori is a bacteria found in greater than 50% of the human population. This thread will be used to organize information about H. pylori.

It should be noted that there are beneficial aspects to H. Pylori and hopefully we can clarify those in this thread.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. Matthew Capowski

While this study is about gastric carcinogenesis is also provides valueable information in regards to H. pylori:

Micronutrients: A Double-Edged Sword in Microbe-Induced Gastric Carcinogenesis
    Noto, Jennifer M. et al.
    Trends in Cancer , Volume 1 , Issue 2 , 136 - 144

http://www.cell.com/trends/cancer/abstract/S2405-8033(15)00003-5

Abstract: Epidemiologic studies throughout the world have uniformly demonstrated significant relationships between the intake of dietary micronutrients and gastric cancer risk. An exciting concept that has recently gained considerable traction is that micronutrients modulate gene expression within Helicobacter pylori, the strongest identified risk factor for gastric carcinogenesis. We present evidence here that essential micronutrients have a direct effect on H. pylori virulence, which subsequently affects interactions at the host–pathogen interface, thereby facilitating the development of premalignant and malignant lesions in the stomach. Further, these fundamental concepts provide a framework for understanding mechanisms driving the development of other malignancies that arise from foci of gastrointestinal inflammation.

3. Matthew Capowski

Herbs for H. pylori and gastric inflammation by Michael Tierra: https://www.planetherbs.com/michaels-blog/herbs-for-h-pylori-and-gastric-inflammation.html

"So while I’ve not treated H. pylori as a discrete entity, I have had a lot of experience successfully treating all the conditions previously mentioned. Because people have responded positively, I can only assume that the diet and herbs I prescribe regularly such as Triphala inhibit the growth of H. pylori."

4. Matthew Capowski